Flute Making Class with Brent Haines
Date: Monday, August 21 - Thursday, August 24; 4 sessions
Time: 1:30 - 5:00 pm
Master Flute Making Class by Brent Haines of Woodsounds Flutes will be taught in the afternoons during the Flute School. This class is not a woodworking class but rather will focus on the art of true flute making. This means we will spend a great deal of time on:
- General understanding of the geometries of the flute and why they work
- What makes a flute one pitch versus another pitch?
- What do wood density and grain fiber do to a flute?
- Voicing flutes
- Tuning flutes
- Finish shaping your flute
- Application of different finishes waxes, oils, or polyurethanes and the benefits of each
The flute blank will be a Mid G with a Darkwood mouthpiece and a Spirit Claw Totem.
Class minimum – 5 students; Class Maximum – 10 students. If fewer than 5 students register, the class will be canceled and fees refunded.
IMPORTANT: Use the back arrow at the top left of your screen to return to the previous page to add other classes and workshops.