Flute Making Class with Brent Haines
FOR SOLSTICE FLUTE SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY
When: June 21-23 during the Solstice Flute School
Where: Homestead Resort, Midway, UT
Master Flute Making Class by Brent Haines of Woodsounds Flutes will be taught in the afternoons during the Flute School. This class is not a wood-working class but rather will focus on the art of true flute making. Which means we will spend a great deal of time on:
- General understanding of the geometries of the flute and why they work
- What makes a flute one pitch versus another pitch?
- What do wood density and grain fiber do to a flute?
- Voicing flutes
- Tuning flutes
- Finish shaping of your flute
- Application of different finishes waxes, oils, or polyurethanes and the benefits of each
If you register on or before May 20th, you will have the option of choosing the following options for your flute blank when you register:
Flute blanks are made of Eastern Red Cedar and wood trims for the mouthpiece and totem are Darkwood. If no pitch or totem options are selected before the 20th of May 2021, or for registrants after that date, the blank will be a Mid G with a Darkwood mouthpiece, and a Spirit Claw Totem.
Class minimum – 5 students; Class Maximum – 10 students. If fewer than 5 students register, the class will be canceled and fees refunded.
IMPORTANT: Use the back arrow at the top left of your screen to return to the previous page to add other classes and workshops.
* indicates a required field